2009/3/9 Mike <m...@csits.net>:
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to use a slippy OSM map on a webpage with various markers.  I
> want each marker numbering from one to whatever.  I have read the guide
> here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openlayers_POI_layer_example
> which explains how to add a text box from a txt file.  I'd rather not
> use a txt file as the data is generated by a dynamic web page.  I guess
> I could pregenerate marker icons with the number on them but then I
> might run out as I have no idea how many I need.
>
> Does anyone know if you can add text to a mark by passing it to a
> function or of any other way to achive it?
>
> Mike.

What are you writing the dynamic web page in? It might be an idea to
use numbered icons produced on the fly using some say php.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.image.php Might be a bit slow
(could have some kind of cache for numbers under say 20) You might be
able to find some pre-written script if you hunt around a bit.....

Peter.