Shaun McDonald wrote:
> I have seen many roundabouts split up so that the bridges can be added
> properly, so started doing it myself some time ago.

Which begs the question.... what is the point of tagging as way as a bridge?

Other than what the rendered map looks like (and I keep hearing that
we're not meant to be tagging for the renderer), I can't see the point
of messing up a perfectly formed roundabout with all parts set with the
correct 'layer' tag when all you end up with is a roundabout which
renders as badly as this one:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.46457&lon=-1.70987&zoom=15&layers=0B00FFF

Surely it's perfectly obvious that if a road goes underneath another
road, there must be a bridge involved.

Sorry for the rant, but I've just fixed two roundabouts where the layers
were all set incorrectly at about the time somebody added those bus routes.

Nick.