Steve Hill wrote:
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.936219&lon=-1.24996&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
>>>
>> How about this one:
>> <http://osm.org/go/0EFYMXaIH-->
>>
>> which fulfills all of the above 5 criteria, but just has a 'short-cut'
>> across one side. In this case, each 'junction' on the roundabout is
>> controlled by traffic lights and has between 2 and 5 lanes. I have to
>> navigate it frequently and I can't say it's one of my favourite ones!
>>

> These aren't too dissimilar.  Although I'm curious how your example works
> - it looks like the "short cut" is only of use for people who have come
> off the southbound carrigeway of the motorway and want to get back on the
> southbound carriageway - why wouldn't they just go along the motorway
> instead of taking the junction?  (I presume I'm missing something
> important about who can use the shortcut lane :)

Ahhh the good old hamburger junction :) These are becoming more common
now, and yes, their only purpose is to provide a shortcut, in this case
its for traffic heading from the M11 south to the A120 east.

There is another example at M40 junction 4
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.61226&lon=-0.76773&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF
amongst quite a few others around the country. Not all of them are one
way, some are two way, such as this one up north
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.47973&lon=-2.28295&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF