On 07/08/09 22:36, Vic Morgan wrote:

> It would appear the Liam123 has been acting illegally under section 3 of
> the Misuse of Computers Act 1990. This should be reported to the Police.
> Even if it's not worth a prosecution the Police will know how best to
> curtail Liam123's activities. Just because OSM-ers' contributions are
> free doesn't mean that the accumulated data has no value. A company with
> equivalent assets would act to protect its assets. So should we.

Well assuming you meant the Computer Misuse Act then, if I recall
correctly, section 3 makes somebody guilty of an offence if "he does any
act which causes an unauthorised modification of the contents of any
computer".

His changes are clearly authorised, as by allowing him to create and
account we have authorised him to edit the database. So your theory is
complete nonsense.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)