Frankie,

2009/9/3 Frankie Roberto <fran...@frankieroberto.com>:

> Using a combination of the GPS traces and the Yahoo satellite photography,
> I've tried to add as much detail to the map as possible:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.2258&lon=-2.88111&zoom=17

It looks great.. I've started recently trying to do something similar
(remotely) for the Wildlife Park on the Isle of Man
(http://osm.org/go/evGwiGNLr- ), but it's difficult without having
been there for a while. So, I went out yesterday to start doing London
Zoo (though without actually going in), which could really benefit
from someone wanting to pay £18 to go in and map for an afternoon :)

http://osm.org/go/euu4T5yf

>> Is there really a bridleway right through the middle? Doesn't that play
>> havock with the paying to get in?
>
> There is indeed! It's kept completely separate from the zoo though by walls
> on both sides. It's crossed by two bridges and the monorail.

I wonder if it would actually make it clearer in this situation to
break the zoo into two, so it's clear that the path isn't a part of
it? I've done that with London Zoo which has a road, canal and
tow-path running through it at various points, and is connected using
bridges and a tunnel (or two?).

Dan

--
Dan Karran