On 18 Sep 2009, at 08:51, Brian Prangle wrote:

> I'd support talk-dataquality ( or data protection, or data
> monitoring). I'm concerend about what might happen when this sort of
> thing starts occurring in the W Mids where I've spent many hours
> surveying and editing. I can contribute to the discussion about
> process - would be happy to participate in any eventual mentoring
> scheme or any other part of any evolving process - can't code tools
> though

Great. That sounds like enough interest to make the request on talk to
bottom out an agreed name and an agreed brief for the list and then
set it up. I have set up a wiki page here to continue the discussion:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_moderation_list

Personally I think 'data_quality' (or 'dataquality' or 'quality')
would attract people who wanted to talk about the correct use of tags
and that is something I really really don't want to get mixed into
this list. 'data protection',  'data monitoring' and 'data moderation'
all seem to be good.

I will now do a post to talk now.

Regards,

Peter