On 29/09/09 10:52, Richard Mann wrote:
A quick look at oepnvkarte indicates we have all of Virgin's operating routes already. Maybe some of the traces aren't great, but I think some tracing off NPE ought to fix that, surely? While positional info is probably in the trains (though I don't remember it ever being discussed in the context of Pendolino or Voyager), the effort required to extract it is probably several times greater than simply carting your own GPS around.
Richard

This is one of the downsides of having things traced from NPE (or tracing in gerneral) as at first glance it appears that coverage is good. However some of the detail will be missing. For example I recently cycled up from Edinburgh to Inverness, and actually only left my GPS on by accident as it looked like the train line was well covered. However as I've been going through my trip, I can't see any other GPS traces covering the train route and it does appear to be NPE traced....

Cheers
Chris