2009/10/6 OJ W <ojwli...@googlemail.com>

> First strike! [jobcentre-plus seem to have been using this data].  Two
> more, and we should cut-off the government's internet connection ;)

Its not the governments jobcentreplus website, its www.jobcentreproplus.com
(note the pro). Its "a clean rewrite of the Job Centre Plus government
website, allowing job seekers to quickly and easily find jobs by keyword
within their local area, and subscribe to email alerts to future additions."
The site was a good example of why we should have free access to postcode
data. I came across a link to a presentation they gave at
rewirdedstate.org"national hack the government day" -
http://blip.tv/file/1853120/

I wonder if Royal Mail would go after councils and government departments
who have failed to pay or keep up with their subscriptions. Its probably not
a good idea to send threatening letters to bodies who could successfully
lobby for things to be changed.

Hopefully this might result in some advertising for free-the-postcode, and
its aims

Jason