2009/10/15 Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>:
> John Robert Peterson <jrp....@...> writes:
>
>>Don't you mean the French Channel? :PJR
>
> Good question.  Names of seas and oceans aren't currently shown on the main
> OSM slippy map; are they tagged anywhere?

Well, The Bristol Channel has got a node, and is tagged, Waterway=Bay.

The wiki seams to suggest the Oceans should be tagged place=sea which
does not seam quite right.....
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Ocean

I suspect we just need a standard way of tagging them and then to get
the renders to start rendering them..... Then we can add the Irish
Sea. English Channel, Indian Ocean. we probably ought to have Cape
Horn and the Cape of Good Hope named as well.....

Peter.