Peter wrote:

<snip>
> So on the map we basically need parish boundaries, with a name.
>
> For anyone who hasn’t done boundaries before, see local authority
boundaries as a model.

<snip good explanation of how to do boundaries>

Can I just add that it is also best to document the relation numbers
of boundaries somewhere fairly obvious on the wiki, to try and
prevent duplicate relations appearing for the same boundary.

So for example, all the Essex districts have their relations
documented on the Essex wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Essex

Then the Tendring district of Essex has all the parish relations
documented on the Tendring district page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tendring(Essex_District)

(These were based on a lot of NPE tracing, by the way, along with a
lot of research for where new unitary authorities split away from
the ceremonial county).

Perhaps hidden further away than that are the pages showing the
Haiti department, arrondisement, commune and section relations (a
page per department, with an intro page here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Boundari
es
)

I must admit in the last couple of days I've created a boundary for
Effingham County, GA (while deduplicating nodes there, as almost
every boundary in the USA seems to be) that I haven't yet
documented. I suspect that it will end up with a GA state page with
each county relation listed, with similar pages for any state other
people work on (if there aren't already - I've not looked yet). Not
only does it help show which have already been done if more than
once person has been working on them, the various templates
available give links to browse the boundary, validate in an analyser
tool or whatever which makes checking they are closed an easier
task.

Ed