From: Chris Fleming <m...@chrisfleming.org>
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] [Edinburgh] Road Names
To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 0:29

Cool I've hooked up a script to do a comparison with the street names in
OSM and have put the results up at:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ah4ejhysSkMOdDktM0Jyb3Z5TGFQTjZkOHJ4RHlnVGc&hl=en

Overall on the first pass we match about 75% of the road names, although
there are lots of 'Z' Class roads that we don't have.

I have also done a area by area comparison and have included this on the
second tab of the spreadsheet some area's look very good and some quite
poor. I hope to spend some time looking at an area and figuring out
where we don't match in order to get any bugs out, but if anyone wants
to make any comments then the spreadsheet *should* be writable.

Also let me know if there are any other fields that it would be useful
to pull out of OSM.

Cheers
Chris

e: m...@chrisfleming.org