On 25 March 2010 15:03, Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net> wrote:

> On 25 March 2010 14:50, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>>
>> Tom Chance wrote:
>>>
>>> We only do it for public services,
>>

>> That is going to be one hell of a definition problem. Isn't London
>> Underground run by some kind of public-private-whatever? And you'll
>> certainly have to exclude DLR then as they are operated by a private
>> company. Oh wait, they are *owned* by TfL so maybe they would qualify... ;-)
>>

> No, it should very simple. TfL contract different services out but they
> remain public services managed and financed by TfL. We might also use the
> National Rail symbol for our train stations, but not FirstGroup, National
> Express, etc. for individual services. We wouldn't use a Thames Water logo
> for their facilities, nor would we use a particular cab company's logo for
> cab ranks.

I don't think it should be a problem, The standard TFL logo (Red
Circle with a Blue Line Through the middle) means any part of London
Public Transport. (That means Underground, Overground, TFL, Buses,
Croydon Trams, DLR, and I even think we could use it to signify any
station/stop where an Oyster/Travel Card can be used.

However we may also want to use the Good Old standard British Rail
Sideways Z for that. (if we can get permission)

However I think we need to use something standard that is the same
world wide on our main maps so Underground in Washington DC looks the
same as Paris, London, or Moscow.

Peter.