Well spotted ddixon, some of those edits seem like clear "he he, you can
change wikipedia to say what you like" edits. There have just been some
accidental deletes in Canada and it seems like the way to deal with them is
manually.

> To undelete a way, press u, wait 5–10 seconds for the deleted ways to
> load, select the way to undelete, and press k. To revert a way to an
> earlier version, select the feature, press k, choose the version, and
> click Revert.
>
> From the Potlatch documentation:
> *  undelete will always use the most recent version of each
> constituent node (even if it's moved)
> *  revert will use the historic version of each constituent node, but
> if that node is still visible and has moved somewhere else, it will
> generate a new node ID

My mouse is far to sensitive in clicking (I think I need to clean it) to
deal with Potlatch easily. Can you manage to put everything back?

Please post the mailing list how the users respond.
If there is no response and there are more edits (or your corrections get
put back) then a block is likely needed, which can be done through OSM
Foundation people (or at least they know who does it). Hopefully once the
stuff is put back then the users will either contribute responsibly or move
on to troll elsewhere.

On 7 April 2010 10:54, David Dixon <da...@ddixon.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> User "Ajbites" has made a number of obviously nonsensical edits this
> afternoon, mainly in Durham but also 1 in Haiti and 1 in London.  I have
> sent a polite "welcome, but please don't" email.  Could someone with the
> required knowledge please revert these edits?  One slight complication
> is that another very new user (bashiboy2) has already re-edited some of
> these ways.  These edits appear mainly neutral but the closeness in
> timing suggests the two users are connected - there doesn't appear to be
> any new useful data here either so if necessary these edits can be
> reverted too.
> Thank you,
> David
>
> Ajbites: