On Wednesday 15 September 2010, Will Abson wrote:
> Great tool! I've checked out my local area (Ealing) and there's a few
> disagreements marked for several allotments which are listed as
> 'Private Site' in the GLA data. Effectively there is no name present
> in the data for those sites, so perhaps this scenario could be catered
> for in the algorithm, e.g. do not flag the site based on name?
>
> It also raises the question of the owner/operator of allotment sites
> in the data. The wiki suggests operator=* for allotments, which would
> seem to be equivalent to the 'Organisation' field in the data,
> although this is not consistently recorded and is missing for the
> thirteen private allotments in Ealing.
>
> I'd second creating a wiki page to record additions/corrections to the
> data, assuming it is not straightforward to add a feedback function to
> the app.

Well, the feedback functionality itself is not hugely non-straightforward (?) -
the difficult bit is it means I have to get in to the sticky world of
authentication. I don't want to create a free-for-all. I'd really like to be
able to tie comments to osm accounts and that requires quite a bit of oauth
work along with tying it into django's session/auth system. It's something I've
wanted to do for a while with musical chairs but I've never really convinced
myself it's worth investing the time.

robert.