On 12/10/2010 20:49, Chris Fleming wrote:

Quick question on this what are poeple doing with this data in cases
where a shop is showing correctly in the list and is on the ground but
isn't really a bike shop?

The example I found is TISO:
http://shaunmcdonald.dev.openstreetmap.org/bike-shop-locator/shop/2549

Which is an outdoor shop, but you would be disappointed if you turned up
looking for an inner tube.

I presume that's on the list because that is where the Alpine Bikes head office is (Alpine Bikes are owned by Tiso). And presumably where their mail order service / warehouse is based.

So I think it should be marked as "not found on the ground", because there's no actual bike shop at that location. Plus add a note to explain this. You could also tag it as something like office=bicycle, as suggested elsewhere in this thread.

I know that Alpine Bikes do have bike shops within Tiso shops in Glasgow and Inverness (which should be mapped as shop=bicycle), but I don't think that's the case in Leith.