Essex seems to be coming up in lots of place searches in the London area in Nominatim - we've just had a bug report about it. This problem seems to have started a few weeks ago, I think. However, I'm not confident enough with data editing to fix this - could someone take a look?

http://open.mapquestapi.com/nominatim/v1/search.php?q=greenwich,+london

Shaun has said to me:

http://open.mapquestapi.com/nominatim/v1/search.php?q=greenwich,+london and click details which gives: http://open.mapquestapi.com/nominatim/v1/details.php?place_id=151927
You will see that the node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/26450045
is mentioned in bold, which means that it is taken into account and used.

I think there will be a polygon for Essex, thus the above node can simply be deleted. This is the case in a lot of similar cases, as more exact data is now available."

but this sounds a bit scary to me, especially as the Essex node seems to be quite well-established. I can't see how it is affecting Greenwich, and I can't see that "London" is being included for Greenwich.

Would someone kindly be able to have a look at this?

Martin,                     **  CycleStreets - For Cyclists, By Cyclists
Developer, CycleStreets     **  http://www.cyclestreets.net/