Craig Loftus wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with projections so a little more clarity would
> be useful for me. As potlatch 'understands' OSGB, is loading an OSBG
> shp file any more expensive than loading a WGS84 shp file?

A little. P2 has to reproject each point on first load. But we're using an
ActionScript port of proj4 and that's pretty efficient. Certainly, for the
VMD shapefiles I've been testing, I don't notice any particular overhead
on loading; and obviously once it's in, it's in for the rest of your
session.

> If it is, it may be worthwhile reprojecting all the files. This would
> also have the advantage of making the mirror useful for those of us
> who simply refuse to stop using JOSM, despite all the awesome you keep
> piling into potlatch.

:)

JOSM speaks multiple projections and there's at least one shapefile
plugin, but I don't know how they'd interact. Frederik, are you there?

cheers
Richard