I want to map part of the Trans Pennine Trail (TPT) [1]. Much of the ways already exist in OSM because it uses NCN routes much of the way. South of Manchester there is the NCN 62 which has a name=Trans Pennine Trail [2]. This may be part of the TPT, but is not the whole route at all.

I would like to remove that name from the NCN 62 relation, create a new relation for the TPT and add the parts I know about, mostly in East Yorkshire. If someone can confirm that the NCN 62 is also part of the TPT I will add that to the new relation also to not lose the info for that route.

Anyone got any better ideas, objections or comments? Can anyone confirm NCN 62 or part of it belongs in the TPT relation?

I also intend to create a relation for the Way of the Roses, which similarly uses parts of various NCN routes along its route, so if you want to add any other parts I don't know about please do. I heartily recommend the section over the Yorkshire Wolds as a lovely place to be.

[1] http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/74736

--
Cheers, Chris