On Dec 1st I am manning a (paid for) stand at the Mapping Showcase on behalf of
the Society of Cartographers and want to use the occasion to also spotlight
OpenStreetMap
http://www.londonmappingfestival.org/mapping-show-2011/
I would like to offer a "get out and add to the best map of London" opportunity
to people coming by the stand.
Is anyone available to help me for all or part of the day please?
My plan is to print some very small sections of the map in advance, together
with an overview map to help locate them.
Then give people briefing on what they can map, ask them to go out for 30 mins
or so and return with annotated map.
Plenty of POI detail and even some addressing that could be filled in if you
look around the Emirates Stadium
Then either take it off them (and edit myself later) or teach them basics of
editing on the spot.
So need a couple of helpers, who can come along with a laptop and enthusiasm.
It won't cost owt to get in and could be another good advert for the project.
I have 300 of the publicity leaflets from cyclestore to use on the day.
The space available to SoC is quite limited but just need to work with that
difficulty

PS: I have managed to get a double page spread on OSM in the book that is tied
to the event too:
http://www.londonmappingfestival.org/2011/11/coming-soon/
It is of Hyde Park, with two small enlargements for detail

We could also form a team for the pub quiz later too!

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Educational Development Manager
Centre for Learning and Teaching Enhancement
Middlesex University
phone: 020 8411 5355
email: ste...@mdx.ac.uk
Profile: http://www.middlesex.wikispaces.net/user/view/steve8