Nick Whitelegg wrote:
OK. I get the impression that if he PDs his edits then they can be
carried through; can you confirm this is the case?

Any data (whether OSM edits* or a third-party source) that are declared to be "public domain", i.e. free of rights, can indeed be included in OSM post-1st April.

But that's not to say they will automatically be.

If you want to incorporate the contributions from a mapper who's declined the CTs, you'll need to either: a) persuade them and LWG to change the user ID on all their contributions to yours;
b) persuade them to give you the account, so you can accept; or
c) manually reimport all their contributions (difficult and messy).

cheers
Richard

* note to the usual suspects who make the usual comment: edits. That is, diffs. Not "claiming all rights in every version of the entity ever edited". We've had this conversation 239048 times before. :)