Our friends at at Wikipedia are planning a blitz on articles relating
to the town of Monmouth:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/MonmouthpediA

which is garnering a lot of publicity:

     http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16359364

and will involve the deployment of thousands of QRpedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRpedia> QR codes around the town;.and
the creation if many new articles.

It would be good if we could support this initiative by ensuring that
our mapping of Monmouth is as complete and up-to-date as possible, and
that features which are the subject of articles are tagged as such,
per:

     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wikipedia

There'll also be a drive to photograph all the notable buildings and
other features in Monmouth and upload the images to Wikimedia Commons:

     http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Monmouth

and would be good to also get any and all commemorative (blue) plaques
in Monmouth photographed and onto OpenPlaques:

     http://openplaques.org/places/gb/areas/monmouth

and in our map.

Do we have any Monmouth mappers who would like to be involved?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing