On 10 January 2012 13:53, David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2012 13:46, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>
>> Michael Collinson wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to Richard's suggestion odbl=clean
>>>

>> Just a tiny little clarification - this isn't something I've dreamed up,
>> it's a real live tag with 9,000 occurrences in the database already, and
>> which is being used by status visualisations such as OSM Inspector. :)
>>

> Yes, the trouble is when Frederik pointed this out and referred to the
> page, it says it is for cases where the suspect edit has been wiped out,
> not simply verified from other sources. How can you change the name from
> itself to itself and actually have changed anything?
>
> If odbl=clean is OK for this then that's great, but I am troubled that I
> may go to a lot of trouble to deal with these and then find they get
> removed anyway. The lack of clear direction is very frustrating (as is the
> apparent need to do more work than necessary). It would be so much easier
> if we knew for sure what the rules actually are.

That is pretty much my point also. I will do the necessary work when there
is a stable and reasonable description of what that work is and is not and
I have confidence that the description is stable.

Hearing that there is disagreement on what the (as yet undocumented)
odbl=clean tag means and how it should be used doesn't excite me to do the
work yet! To help the process along I have created an simple article for
odbl=clean here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:odbl%3Dclean

Regards,

Peter