Michael Collinson <mike@...> writes:

>I regretfully have to relay that while the Ordnance Survey "has no
>objections to geodata derived in part from OS OpenData being released
>under the Open Database License 1.0", this has to permanently exclude
>Code-Point Open, (postcode) data.

That data is distributed under the UK Open Government Licence.  If that licence
does not allow use under ODbL, then the same surely applies to other data
released with that licence.

I am sure that the Royal Mail commercial licensing people would very much prefer
that the open postcode data were more restricted, but that does not mean they
can
somehow make exceptions to the licence.  Could you give more details about what
particular permission is needed?

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>