Hi,

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Graham Jones wrote:

> On the other hand I treat highway=path as just being a statement of fact -
> 'there is a path here', so it needs some access tags adding to it.   In my
> mind highway = footway is about the same as highway=path; foot=yes (or
> maybe designation=public_footpath, but that is more specific).

During the Weybridge mapping party, I'd encountered some residential
roads (highway=residential) or service roads (highway=service) that were
also "public footpaths", so I've mapped those as:

highway=residential
designation=public_footpath

Marking those roads as highway=footway or highway=path makes no sense
(to me).

cheers,
Derick

--