Hi,

for a few months now I have had a problem on download.geofabrik.de where one user from a (varying) btcentralplus.com IP address tries to download /osm/europe/great_britain.{shp.zip|osm.pbf|osm.bz2} once every second or so, with what claims to be "Wget/1.12 (linux-gnu)". I don't know what exactly happens there but it must be some failed script that, instead of only downoading the file once per day, downloads it as often as it can, sometimes several times concurrently.

This tends to ruin my download server's performance for everyone until I find out which IP it is this time and block it.

I've now lost patience and firewalled the entire netblock (81.154.0.0 - 81.157.255.255), at least temporarily.

If any of you have some wget-based script running that is supposed to regularly download the three "great_britain" files mentioned above: Please could you double check that your script does the right thing? Especially if your IP number for the day is 81.156.53.226?

Thanks
Frederik