On 08/06/12 17:30, Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
And I don't think we can assume that the special permission we have to use OS OpenData would cover this additional data
[...]

It has been repeated many times on these lists, by a very small number of people, that we have 'special permission' to use OS OpenData. This is not true. I have checked the process that the LWG went through and there was *no* special permission given. Ordnance Survey confirmed:

"The Ordnance Survey has no objections to geodata derived in part from OS OpenData being released under the Open Database License 1.0".

This is not special permission. If there was special permission there would be something in writing to the effect "We (OS) grant You (OSM) permission .... " or somesuch and this does not exist.

Please stop repeating that we have special permission, we are simply using the the OS OpenData under their licence and OS confirmed that that is acceptable, as almost everyone who considered the situation thought at the time.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly