On 22 June 2012 07:06, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone know who is able to edit the text on [5]?)
>> [5] http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
>
> You can send a pull request via github with
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website#sending-the-patches .
> Failing that I'd guess a trac ticket would be the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can work out how to do the
pull request...

> For clarity and conciseness I'd think the extra attribution would be best
> expressed as an additional sentence within the 'United Kingdom' bullet
> point.

I don't think adding the attributions directly to the copyright page is
a particularly scalable solution. There are over 80 councils in
England that could potentially allow us to use their Definitive
Statements under OGL, and that's just one type of document for a
single country.

Whether or not we provide any extra attributions directly on
http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright , I think it would be sensible
to provide a link from that page to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors . I think that would
be fine legally for less significant sources that require attribution
for our use, but I guess that's something LWG will have to work out.
Even if it's not, I think it's still a useful link to have, since it
helps people find more information about the sources that we've used.

Best wishes,

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker