On 28/06/2012 11:41, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
On 28/06/2012 11:32, David Earl wrote:
Might this be of help, if the info were included with the station. It
seems to be "official":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_railway_station_categories

If I could find the actual *information*, yes!

Hmm, the PDFs seem not to be there. How about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Railway_stations_by_Department_for_Transport_category

Incidentally, the wikipedia entries for each station lists the number of platforms (as well as ref code) which could be a useful source of additional info.

However, it's UK-only, and platforms=* can be applied worldwide.

True. We could do both. Wikipedia cites at least two other schemes and I bet others exist as well.

David