Thanks Andy,

Good to know.  Will keep an eye out.

Jason

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Allan
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 5:22 PM
To: J.Woollacott
Cc: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org ; Richard Fairhurst
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Redaction progress

On 13 July 2012 17:14, J.Woollacott <wool...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Richard,

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but I've just checked one of the areas cleared by the redaction bot, and it seems to be leaving blank nodes.
Not sure if this is by design, or some other reason.

Hi Jason,

It's by design. The bot tries to "rescue" what it can from the
history, and sometimes this is only the position. That can be really
important for some nodes (i.e. if it used to be a pedestrian crossing,
but is now just a node in a way) but perhaps less useful in other
cases.

You might find similar things like untagged ways.

Thanks for the feedback though, we're really keen to hear about
anything unexpected that's left behind.

Cheers,
Andy