On 31 December 2012 16:38, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net> wrote:
> Not that I'm overly bothered, but since the wiki was only changed a few
> hours ago, and tag info statistics seem to show a greater usage of prow:ref,
> I'd have thought standardising on that (and changing the wiki) would have
> been the better option.

Setting aside the issues of popularity, my preference would be for
prow_ref rather than prow:ref for a few reasons:

1/ prow:ref suggests some sort of name-spacing, but we haven't
actually developed any tagging scheme that makes use of a prow:*
name-space. So currently prow:ref  would be the only tag used.

2/ "source:prow_ref" doesn't have the ambiguity / ugliness that
"source:prow:ref" has. (Ssince the reference numbers aren't often
recorded on the ground, it's probably useful to record the source.)

3/ prow_ref mirrors other ref types in use, such as bridge_ref,
route_ref, ncn_ref, and local_ref, which are generally used rather
than the alternative colon separated versions.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker