Hi

Has anyone looked at using TNDS (http://traveline.info/tnds.html) as a
basis for importing bus routes into OSM? I've had a quick look at the data
and it looks like it would be possible to extract at least the stop
ordering for each route. In theory it can also have the road routes between
stops, but the local routes I looked at (Stagecoach Cambridge) only have
the stops, not the routes between them. Still, even the stop list would a
good start.

The background here is that while updating my local area and removing a bus
route that no longer runs through there, I ended up rebuilding the whole
route by hand from timetable information as the OSM route relation was
quite out of date and had missing road sections/stops/etc. Looking at other
routes in the area, they have similar errors. Transcribing routes by hand
is quite a lot of work - just the one route I did took a couple of hours to
get right.

A related issue is that the stop information imported from NaPTAN is
getting out of date. The TNDS data uses NaPTAN stop references and - at
least around Cambridge - there are some new stops in the TNDS routes that
don't exist at all in the current OSM data. Is there an existing mechanism
to update the NaPTAN data? Or what would be the right way to add the
missing stops?

Oliver