On 03/11/13 16:55, Brian Prangle wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm composing a press release and want to compare this year's event with
the previous conference in the UK - Manchester 2007. Can anyone who was
there remember how many delegates there were? Has anyone got any group
photos from then?

Also any can any sysadmins give me an idea of comparable database sizes
July 2007 and today - also how many servers then/now and disk capacity
then/now

Not a sysadmin here but http://planet.openstreetmap.org/cc-by-sa/ says that we had 300 MB planet file size around the time of SOTM Manchester, compared to 27 GB today (from http://planet.openstreetmap.org/planet/2013/) - both sizes are .osm.bz2 file size.

Bye
Frederik