Hello fellow OSMers

A hopefully straightforward newbie question for you...

I'm currently uploading various new polygons via shapefiles created in Quantum GIS. These use the WGS84 (EPSG:4326) projection, which Quantum defines as:

+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs +towgs84=0,0,0

A fellow mapper is doing similar, great stuff mapping administrative boundaries (Parishes etc) from Ordnance Survey, and setting the projection with the following parameters:

+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +zone=30 +no_defs

Because of the different parameters (i.e. I have +towgs84=0,0,0, and he has +zone=30), there is a slight offset in data we are creating in the same areas.

The question is: which one of us is correct?

Thanks for your help

Steve Peters (aka SemanticTourist)