>I created this in QGIS comparing the OSM data to the PRoW released from
>Durham County Council, I created a special query using intersects. This is
>why it's not perfectly accurate because if an OSM mapped math intersected
>with the PRoW data it would show up green, even though it may not be that
>actual PRoW. A lot more work could be done to make this more accurate ..

>I intend to write up what I did to create this, rough notes already done
>and this may help others and hopefully someone can think of a much better
>way. I am a beginner at most of this.

Thanks,

Appreciate anything you can write up to help others. I will correct you: "I
*WAS* a beginner at most of this". :-)

In regards to the Intersect issue, I had intended to look at this sort of
thing in QGIS myself, but I have been way too busy with SOTM. As I'm not a
GIS professional either I would struggle to work out how to do a comparison
between OSM and the LA data, but you could try looking at these ideas [1]
or send an email to QGIS's mailing list [2].

Rob

[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2013-January/026408.html