On 22 August 2013 15:46, Brian Prangle <bpran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the West Midlands we have dozens of these which cater mainly for Asian
> weddings and celebrations where large extended families have to be catered
> for. Probably the same in most large urban areas. I generally just tag them
> as building=yes and  with the name on the display board which usually says
> "banqueting centre" not "banqueting hall"

Whilst, from the part of London that it was in, that was obviously
going to be a significant source of its business, the building itself,
its name, and the website, played that aspect down so much and the
exact nature of the operator was so well hidden on the website (using
initials, with the full name only in microscopic print in an image)
that I didn't discover that it was actually run by a Hindu charity
until yesterday.  I actually wonder if it is under-utilised and they
are seeking a wider market.

I'm not sure that invalidates that it falls into a missing category
with more general applicability.  I, for instance, would tend to
include the places in London, like the Connaught Rooms, which an
ex-employer used for its periodic all staff get togethers (it had a
lot of people working on customer sites).