Tom Chance wrote:
I've seen two new users accidentally delete residential landuse areas near me in
the past fortnight:

Could this be a problem with the iD editor? Has anyone else noticed it?

A known bug it iD is that it selects the relation if nothing else is found, so you can easily highlight something without actually seeing it. They would have to delete as well, but if they had something selected and hovered over the delete it is all to easy to remove something without knowing!

This was a reason we objected to iD being made default - it's not ready yet :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL