I agree.

http://bigfatfrog67.me

On 06/02/2014 09:57, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
Based on the Somerset Levels thread, I've realised someone will probably try to edit the railway line, station and other bits of Dawlish based on the storm damage.

Please don't.

Apart from the temporary nature of the damage (Network Rail are predicting a few weeks to fix the line) there's no practical advantage to be gained from taking the damaged section of rail off the map. It's not like rail travellers will try to get a train along the line unless they see a gap in OSM.

If the damage turns out to be longer term than we're expecting then we can have another conversation about how to map it, but until then it would seem premature to start removing features from the map.

J.