Always to play the devils advocate..... We have all heard about "mapping for
the renderer" but are you "mapping for the third party data providers that is
slow at updating the planet data". They should use the data correctly. It is
annoying the stale content that some devs/providers provide, maybe it would
encourage them to put some effort into updating the content for frequently.
I think we all have different opinions on this (it will likely take months for
the work to be done at least 6 weeks was the latest I heard this morning) and
don't we pride ourselves about having the most up-to-date information and what
is on the ground?!
Permanent versus temporary is very subjective and people will have different
opinions. Maybe a time period should be used a month, etc? Maybe something
between a road works for a day to a 2 years bridge closure. Why would not want
to see on the map a bridge that is closed for ages?
I wonder if DWG should revert all those building those HOT people marked as
destroyed recently......