On 25/07/14 17:15, Philip Barnes wrote:
Are you proposing we tag for the renderer by not tagging trunk roads as
trunk?

No.  He wants people to tag for the router, not the renderer.

I think that is a bad idea, although not as bad when most trunk roads weren't already mapped, as it is doing something for the convenience of a small number or routing software developers rather than a large number of mappers.

It could be argued that the current approach is actually tagging for the renderer, except that the details in question don't get rendered in the standard rendering.

In practice, though, it is more likely that roads would have been mis-tagged if the most common case required extra permissions to be be explicitly added.