I've been reading the NaPTAN import thread, and saw a reference to the Novam viewer, which thinks that I should fix a few stops round here. Before I do that, I'd like to check that I'm going to do it right!

Presumably I should simply update the positions of the stops, if necessary, based on ground survey (actually I've already done that -- I hope that wasn't wrong).

I assume I should check the naptan:* tags are accurate and fix them if necessary.

I also assume I should add a shelter=(yes|no) tag.

But what about route_ref? Should I be setting this to a list such as "route_ref=16;17"? Some of the colour schemes in Novam complain about a missing route_ref, others don't, and I see the documentation http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bus_stop says "Use of the tags 'route_ref'... in no longer recommended".

If it makes any difference, route relations seem to have been set up round here (though I haven't checked whether they are complete). Though the stops are only linked to those relations by proximity, I

Having done all that, should I simply delete the "naptan:verified" tag? Or should I leave it there and change it from "no" to "yes"?

Anything else?

--
Cheers,
John