I downloaded latest naptan data the other day and used qgis to filter
stops.csv to just those in Tendring, or on roads that run along the border,
to give me something more manageable to look at. 995 stops before any other
filtering. I've not finished verifying imported stops after an initial
burst of enthusiasm, but now see a workable plan for maintaining the data
as:

A) Finish verifying those already in OSM. Assume these are "revision 1".
B) Filter the 995 stops in the extract mentioned above to just those that
aren't revision 1. Or have a created date newer than the majority of the
rev 1 stops. Verify them.
C) As new updates are released filter by created date and modified date to
find new and changed entries. These are likely to be few. Verify them.

Ed