On 22/08/14 15:23, Brian Prangle wrote:

I'll leave it to others to judge whether this is data they would want on the map, but:

Thankful_Village= yes_WWI
Thankful_Village= double_WWI&II

I believe that

Thankful_Village=WWI
Thankful_Village=WWI;WWII

would be more in the spirit of the tagging system. Alternatively, to avoid multiple values:

Thankful_Village:WWI=yes
Thankful_Village:WWII=yes

wikipedia= en:Thankful_Villages

I think this is a misuse of wikipedia tags. The tag should be to an entry for the specific village (regardless of its thankful status). I also think it is wrong for the Thankful_Village article to repeat the contents of the corresponding category.

wikidata=Q3519572

Not sure how to interpret this, but I think that this should also follow the indirection chain via the wikipedia article for the village.

NB Wikipedia should never be used as a primary source for OSM as:

- it is supposed to be a secondary source, so you should always cite the corresponding primary source; - it has much less strict rules on database copyrights, so you may end up making an illegal database import.