Guy Collins wrote:
> NCN279 is now also part of the international Tour De Manche route,
> a route around Northern France and Southern England. Given the
> recent addition to the international cycle route I am surprised it
> is still not signed better (at all!). Will have to investigate when I
> next venture out that way.

Cycle route surveying is probably the second most fun thing about OSM after
pub surveying. :)

Someone's added the Dartmoor (cycle-)Way to the map recently. I understand
that the northern section of this is NCN 28 so have piggybacked on their
survey to add the relevant sections to the route relation.

With that in mind it does seem odd that there are apparently two separate
NCN routes running due east of Okehampton (28 and 279), briefly rejoining at
Sticklepath. But stranger things have happened...

cheers
Richard