On 13/11/14 09:52, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 13/11/14 09:42, Lester Caine wrote:

Silly question ...

Just been looking at a local note and I'm a little curious as to what
differentiates text appearing with a purple dot on a building and the
more normal brown text on surrounding buildings? While weshould not be
tagging for the rendering, this is confusing things at times.

Well if you told us where on the map you were looking so that we could
see for ourselves then it would be a lot easier to comment...

So I assume you mean the difference between something like:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/123064770

and:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/123064772

in which case I think the purple text comes from a new generic rendering rule for shop=* and the brown text from the older rules for specific types of shops and amenities.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/