Since GBPTM allows to contribute new toilet entries, I asked on Twitter
how they could be added back to OpenStreetMap without creating
duplicates.

The answer is that they will provide an API to extract contributions and
they perform deduplication using 25m clusters:
https://twitter.com/rupertredington/status/535412423805906945