On reflection, I don't really laugh with scorn in the face of the Mechanical
Edit Policy. But it certainly looks like a mess to me.

My take would be to attempt to extract the spirit of that policy and not bother
kvetching over the letter of it. The phrase "rough consensus and running code"
is okay, as long as you dont beat non-coders over the head with it.

I'm hoping to have a blitz edit of policy docs during the festives, there is a
link to my dewrite of the DWG's draft Mapping Code of Conduct which i should
really dare post here :)

Jo / zool