Hi,

In light of the Transparency Strategy at
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/policy/transparency, I hope to get the tube
data over and done with: in our case we want it because we want to improve
journey planning. Here’s the extract of my response:

In my opinion, it would be nice to publicise accurate route alignments of tube
lines to the public domain and OpenStreetMap, even if it is just the tracks
that the
tube lines use, because it is already possible to map out national rail lines
from publicly available aerial imagery,* like all of the North London line.
I understand your security concerns, but the release of the accurate route
alignments is no different to what is already easily mappable for National Rail
services.
A majority of users of accurate route data would want either want to use it for
improving navigation and accessibility, or build rail simulator routes to
recreate
historical eras.

*Editor’s note: i.e. Bing/MapBox and other compatible imagery in our case.

-- Antje