Ugh, okay, we had it from the horse's mouth so to speak that the license
on the new CKAN catalogue would be OGL.
I will sanity check this today.

To their credit they are very sensitive to issues surrounding OS derived
works. It is quietly wonderful to hear a local authority rep talking of
QGIS and GeoJSON in a perfectly natural manner.

neiljp went a lot further digging around with Overpass looking for
matching names as well as tagged amenities, and there's a decent
quantity of way rather than node data there already, so any import will
be manual not semi-automated

The feedback is apprec, Dan S