Look in the wiki under key:name.

On 22/03/2015 23:31, Pmailkeey . wrote:
On 22 March 2015 at 21:44, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu <mailto:t...@compton.nu>> wrote:

    On 22/03/15 21:30, Pmailkeey . wrote:

        Could really do with ahighway
        <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=fictitious
        <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Droad> tag
        for roads
        with fictional names howsoever caused. I've just found
        reference in an
        official publication to a fictional streetname - and have
        found use of
        that name in other official circumstances - despite the street in
        question having a completely different name !

    Well highway=fictitious would imply the road is fictitious, not
    the name.

    I suspect not:name= is what you want - that is what we normally
    use to record names erroneously asserted in official sources.

    Tom

-- Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu <mailto:t...@compton.nu>)
    http://compton.nu/

Well, you could have fictitious highways - places you can drive along that aren't highways ! But yes, I was more thinking of name so 'fictitious name' within a highway perhaps would be better.

The problem with not:name is that people may legitimately be calling the road that name even though it's not called that name. Not:name is fine when it's an error.