That's interesting. Have just tried the app out. It gives you the postboxes
in OpenStreetMap but not the ones that are missing (as shown by blue
markers on Robert's comparison tool:
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/postboxes/

I really do feel like we are missing a trick here. As the map becomes more
and more "complete" it becomes harder and harder to find something to map
(example: I spend more time trying to find missing footpaths that I can map
on a circular walk now than 2-3 years ago).

An app that helps people find what's missing whilst out surveying could
really help. I only wish I had the skills and time to do this.

Regards,
Rob